Sunday, November 11, 2012

Last look

I've been missing this view just a bit...

We moved to another cabin in October. One south of Whitehorse instead of north. Same distance to town of about 30mins in the car. Our new view is not as majestic, not as open, but it is nice just the same. It is more forest than farm.

The big news is that we now have running water. It makes the little details of everyday life so much easier, as I am sure you can imagine.

So as I say goodbye to this view, I also say goodbye to hauling jugs of water, sponge baths, outside washroom facilities, winter pee buckets, greasy grey-water buckets, gas station showers, boiling water to wash the dishes ... etc etc etc

2 comments:

  1. Lucky you! I hear ya on the greasy grey-water bucket. It's grosser than a pee bucket, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a close battle but yes, I agree the grey water is grossest! Of course after a while I gave up on the pee bucket and would just run outside to the nearest patch of grass like a domestic dog.

      Delete