Tuesday, January 28, 2014

hello

Third day in a row, yo!
old photo of jon's from the cabin at north fork

I've switched up my wake up time from 5am to 4:30am because I want more time to write. I'm greedy like that. Things are good, still following the routine of the first day. I've found it hard to get out of bed all my life, unless I'm excited about something huge like an airplane ride or an extra special occasion, so it is high time I started to look at my writing as something this important. And it's hard to get out of bed for me no matter what time it is so why not wake up early? 

What I've noticed is I can enjoy being cozy in bed at night much more now because I'm not anxious about letting the opportunity to write slip by. Knowing I've dedicated some time to my own creative work in the morning gives me a sense of accomplishment and eases my mind. Energy is gained because I'm not wasting it feeling bad about myself. 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment