Monday, January 27, 2014

i write mornings

I'm up again. The sleep cycle app "SleepBot" seems to work well, supposed to wake me up gently. And then the fear of the loud alarm I've set across the room going off and waking up Juni gets me out of bed. Then I stand there groggy like a stunned cunt. (Jon's vocabulary has infiltrated my brain). Then I go downstairs and splash cold water on my face and it helps a lot. Then it is tea time. I make a pot for myself and set up at the desk with the whole pot, milk, honey and a particular cup I'm fond of. I'm wrapped in a blanket and just about as cozy as I can be.

Today I've doddled a bit checking email and quickly facebook and now blogging. I find if I check social media at night before I go to bed, it's the same feed in the morning so it bores me and I can get to work, so I didn't check it for long. Blogging I will allow because it keeps me honest about waking up and it is almost like I'm writing creativity guru Julia Cameron's "morning pages." I will put a time limit on it.

Yesterday was dee-vine. Knowing I had written that morning made all the difference in my outlook on life. I felt good about myself and it glowed to everyone around me. I was more present for my daughter and partner.  Oh, another thing that energized me was send a friend a note via facebook, nothing too long, just a quick sentence saying how she was an inspiration to me. This has to have helped my energy! I'm going to do this more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment